2020 PROM INFORMATION
Saturday, April 25, 2020
8:00 p.m. to 12:00 midnight
Moody Gardens Hotel Convention Center-Expo C/Galveston, Texas
TICKETS: $70.00 PER PERSON
• On sale April 20 – April 24 in the office (see Mrs. Harris)
• Cash or Check payable to DPHS. Student ID must be referenced on check
• TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!
• Only Seniors may purchase prom tickets
• I.D. MUST BE SHOWN to purchase prom tickets for senior & date!
• No more than 2 tickets per senior may be purchased.
• Prom favors will be distributed at prom.
• All fees and fines must be cleared before tickets can be purchased for both the seniors and dates.
PHOTOS: Higgins Photography will take advance online orders. Picture information will be available at the ticket sale tables.
FOOD: There will be large buffet tables of food including:
Salad bar, chicken tenders, mashed potato bar, salsa bar with empanadas, chicken quesadillas, Baron of beef carving station, fruit, cookies, brownies, drinks
Take I-45 South and exit 61st Street
Turn right on 61st Street
Stay on 61st until Stewart Road
Take a right on Stewart and stay in the right hand lane
Road will become Jones Road
Stay on Jones Road until you reach the Moody Gardens entrance (Hope Blvd.)
Turn right and follow signs to the Moody Convention Center...Room Expo C
PARKING:Free Parking: Convention Center Parking Garage directly across from the convention center and surface lots surrounding the hotel. No valet parking will be offered.
All Tickets will be checked at the door against a school ID or Driver’s License. Tickets will be punched as you enter.
• Please remember tickets, cameras, and purses before you enter.
• IF YOU LEAVE THE CONVENTION CENTER AREA, YOU CANNOT RETURN.
NON DEER PARK DATES:
DPHS student’s dates who do not attend Deer Park High School must be approved prior to prom ticket purchase. The age limit is 20. Starting in April, please come to the office to receive a form to complete for a non-Deer Park date.
RULES & GUIDELINES:
This is a school-sponsored activity and school rules are in effect. Examples
of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to the following:
• USE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS PRIOR TO OR DURING PROM
• LEAVING PROM SITE WITH THE INTENT OF RETURNING
If a student is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, an administrator will try to contact a parent, and then the student will be turned over to the Galveston Police Department. Parents will have to go to the police station to pick up their son/daughter.
The student will not remain at the prom site for parent pickup.
As stated in the Student Handbook, students may purchase tickets and attend the prom if they meet the following criteria:
• The student was classified as a senior at the beginning of the fall semester: or
• The student was classified as a junior with 19.5 credits by the end of the fall semester.
• Students must also be in good disciplinary standing to attend the prom.
*PARENTS, RELATIVES, AND FRIENDS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE PROM*
IMPORTANT NOTE: Five (5) Harris County deputies will be on duty throughout the evening with approximately forty adult chaperones.