Class of 2022
Welcome to your senior year. The following is a list of dates and events that are taking place between now and the end of the school year:
ALL Senior Information will be available throughout the year in the Senior Deer Time Course in Canvas.
Graduation Cap and Gown / Invites - Students will receive the Herff Jones catalog that will have all the graduation items they can order including the New Cap & Gown. Students may order online at the Herff Jones' website at www.herffjones.com. The NEW cap, gown and tassel are required to participate in the graduation ceremony. For issues, you can contact Herff Jones at 281-367-4723.
Graduation invitation/cap & gown pick up - If you order your cap & gown in the September order, your items should arrive at the beginning of November. Balance will be due at the time of delivery. Once we have confirmed that the order has arrived, a callout will be made with firm dates of pickup.
Graduation Tickets - On Monday, May 16th graduation tickets and seating assignments will be distributed during all lunches. Pick them up ASAP
Graduation Practice - Friday, May 20th at 7:30 a.m. in the South Campus auxiliary gym. You must be in dress code. This practice is mandatory if you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony. Make-up day is Tuesday, May 24th beginning at 8:45 a.m. in the PAC. All seniors will be required to attend this practice and should park in your regular assigned spot. Seniors must be in dress code compliance and the students who do not attend practice, risk not walking at graduation.
Senior Sunset 2022 - Sunday, May 22nd - Line up at Jimmy Burke Activity Center at 6:00 p.m., Car Parade will start at 7:00 p.m. and Movie starts at 8:00 p.m. at Abshier Stadium Field, concessions will be sold. Any graduating senior may participate. All vehicles must be street legal.
Graduation Ceremony - May 26th at 7:30pm at Abshier Stadium. You must be in dress code. Graduates must report to the auxiliary gym at 5:30 p.m. All students must enter from the athletic side by the tennis courts. Counselor - Please check with your counselor to make sure all graduation requirements needed to participate in the graduation ceremony have been met.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- You must have your tickets (10 per student) and sit in your assigned area
- Enter through the regular ticket gates on home (gold ticket) or visitor side (maroon ticket)
- No entry through the maintenance access gates
- Stadium is a non-smoking facility
- No air horns, noise makers, live animals, drones, signs, balloons or coolers will be allowed
- Be courteous and respectful as each student's name is called
- Saving seats is not allowed
- Family and friends remain in stands until the conclusion of the school song at the end of the ceremony
- At the stadium, there is limited amount of handicapped seating available on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional handicapped seating is available at the DPHS Performing Arts Center
- Parking at Abshier Stadium fills up fast; therefore, to help alleviate this problem, please consider car-pooling to graduation
Fees & Fines - Please note that per the Student Handbook, page 50, students are to satisfy all financial commitments to the school to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. All fees and fines must be cleared by Friday, May 20th.
Final Transcript - On Wed., April 20th (tentative), you will fill out a form in Canvas and list the college (s) that you want your final transcript sent to.
Diploma Pick-up - Diploma pick up will be Wednesday, June 21st. Summer Hours are as follows for VOE requests, transcripts and Diploma pick up will be handled by Mrs. Bijak at Wolters Campus in the Registrars' office. Office hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Closed from 12:00 noon to 1:30 p.m.). The office will be closed on Fridays.
If you have any questions regarding the above events, please feel free to contact Joellen Harris at 832-668-7401 or
iPad must still be turned in to Mrs. Fanely for technology to prepare for sale. All iPads due on May 3rd. Wolters students will go to the Technology Building to pick up their iPad.